The MaWSIG committee currently has a vacancy for this position:
MaWSIG Web Coordinator
We are looking for a new Web Coordinator with the interest and enthusiasm to help run and further develop our website. We need someone who is going to fit into the team and who has passion and drive.
IATEFL’s rules require that only current members of the SIG who have been members for one year or more may stand for election to the Committee of that SIG. Individuals whose institution is a member of IATEFL are also eligible to apply for the position.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main role of the Web Coordinator is to work closely with the other members of the Publishing Sub-Committee and the wider MaWSIG Committee to keep the website updated and to take a lead on developing the scope of the website further.
As Web Coordinator you will be involved in a number of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Uploading blog posts and other material for website on schedule, using edited content supplied by the Publications Coordinator and Deputy Publications Coordinator.
- Updating the website with news and information about upcoming events; liaising with the Events Sub-Committee and the MaWSIG Committee as a whole.
- Further developing the resources section of the website.
- Working on a proposed new member-only section on the website.
- Thinking of other ways in which to develop the website.
- Monitoring comments on the blog posts and inviting key people to comment as appropriate.
- Working with the Tech and Social Media Coordinator to ensure efficient use of all channels.
- Managing the MaWSIG website appearance, features and functionality. This will involve using the WordPress backend and will include managing updates, themes and plugins, users and their access rights.
- Analysing user experience of website and making suggestions for improvement.
- Using analytics to inform new approaches to increase traffic and interaction.
An ideal candidate for the position would:
- Have excellent organization and communication skills
- Have experience of managing a blog or website and using wordpress
- Be quick to communicate with the rest of the committee and join in our regular online team meetings (currently every Friday afternoon at 14.00 GMT)
- Have experience in ELT materials writing/creating
- Have relevant contacts in the ELT industry (range of skill/experience levels from teachers to established authors, publishers, EdTech professionals, etc.).