With over 4,000 members, IATEFL is one of the most thriving communities of ELT teachers in the world. Its mission is to ‘Link, develop and support English Language Teaching professionals’ worldwide, and is achieved through:
- Regular publications, including six copies of the magazine IATEFL Voices and a free conference selections publication.
- The Annual International Conference with an extensive programme of talks and workshops, which attracts over 2,000 delegates.
- Fifteen Special Interest Groups to help teachers develop their own lines of interest.
- Reduced rates on a number of selected professional journals.
- Funding support through Scholarships so that deserving teachers can get involved in the Annual Conference, SIG events and online courses.
- Links with Teachers’ Associations in other countries for teachers to share knowledge and experience.
- Assistance in helping new groups to establish their own a local Teachers’ Association, including advice on how they can make the most of support and funding benefits.
You can find out about joining IATEFL here.